Thursday, May 9, 2013

Today.

Dear Dotyn,

I thought about you a lot today. More than usual. Maybe because Mother's Day is a few days away. Or maybe because today would have been your 80th birthday...

If you were still here, I would have called you from my desk and whispered-sang "Happy Birthday to You"... Actually, I think I would have waited until I got home so I could put Jack on the phone to help me sing to you too... (He's getting so big. You would have adored him...) I can see your smile right now, and how you would have nodded your head and bopped your arm along to our song. I can even hear how you would have laughed your signature laugh after we finished.

I miss you so, so, so much... It still hurts every day. And today more than most.

I love you, Dotyn. Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment