Monday, August 13, 2012

More on your phone number...

737-8222... Keisha is right. I can't recall a phone number more meaningful.

It was your phone number for longer than I can remember. And as long as I live, I doubt I'll ever forget it. As a matter of fact, I've used it as a password for my office phone for years. Did I ever tell you that?

I recently had a dream that I dialed your number and you answered. We talked for a while. I told you that I missed you, but that I was glad we could communicate this way. I asked you if you were happy, and you said "yes".

Just like you, your number is impossible to forget. Probably because it was as reliable as you were. For the better part of 30 years, if that number rang, you answered -- night or day, for emergencies, or just to talk. My dream confirms just how much I wish that were true now.

Chances are, someone else has your number now. I'm sure they have no idea just how many people are longing to dial it.

No comments:

Post a Comment